Senior and Junior Team Proudly Sponsored by The Village InnTEAM MANAGERS:

Manager – Brian Gormley

Contact via Club Secretary: Francis Rooney 07469215101

Team sponsor:The Village Inn


Newly Promoted Maguiresbridge made their first ever visit to Shamrock Park as a Division 1 team on Saturday night in round 6 of the Senior Football league.

St. Patricks 4 – 6 Roslea 2 -12

Patrick’s V Roslea Shamrocks 3rd May 2015

Fresh from their Friday night victory over Devenish, the Shamrocks made the short trip to Donagh on Sunday to take on home side St. Patricks. From the Throw in Roslea were quickest out of the blocks but fired two wides in the first minute courtesy of James Boyle and Brendan Sherlock. In practically their first attack a long ball in from St. Pats in the 3rd minute rebounded off Roslea keeper Sean Boyle into the arms of Brian McDermott who scrambled the ball to the net despite the best efforts of defender Diarmuid McAleer.. Seamie Quigley opened Roslea’s account a minute later with a point following a pass from James Boyle. Within two minutes the men in green had grabbed the lead when a move out of defence started with a turnover by James McMahon who fed Shane McMahon who flicked it out to James Boyle and in turn he passed to the in running Seamie Quigley who basted to the net. Brother Sean who was operating at midfield, followed this up with a superb point in the 7th minute from all of 40 metres. St. Pats were coming more into the game and it took good defending from Dermie Reilly, Peter Lynch and Niall Beggan to keep their attack, in which Eamon Maguire was particularly prominent, at bay. Another wide from Sean Quigley, who had by now switched to full forward, with Seamie to out to the middle of the field, was followed by a point from play from the same player after he danced through the St. Patricks rearguard to score from close range, after 14 mins. In St.Pat’s next attack a Roslea defender was caught ball watching and half forward Ryan Kelly stole in from the left wing to put the ball inside the far post for another goal for the home side to level matters. Sean Quigley responded with a point from a free after James Boyle was fouled, 3 minutes later. In another breakaway attack the Donagh men scored again and unbelievably it was yet another goal, this time from the boot of Brian McDermott. The Roslea defence were having a bad day at the office !!. The Shamrocks went on the attack again but two wides by Sean Quigley in the 21st and 22nd minutes failed to make inroads into the deficit. After a driving run forward Centre back James McMahon was brought down and Seamie tapped over the resultant free after 23 minutes to narrow the gap. Eamon Maguire also sent wide for the Donagh men in the 24th minute before making amends with a pointed free after he himself was fouled a minute later. Within thirty seconds he had registered another point after being first on to a breaking ball. St. Pats weren’t finished yet - a good run forward by their wing half back was rewarded with another point in the 28th minute. Roslea broke through the middle again and when the ball was fed out to Brendan Sherlock who had made a great run in from the right wing his shot for goal was excellently parried to safety by the St Pats keeper. Sean Quigley completed the scoring in the final minute of the first period with another point from play to leave the halftime score St. Pats 3-3 Roslea 1-6

Stern words at halftime from the Roslea management had the desired effect as within a minute of the restart their team had not only equalised but actually gone ahead. Danny Mohan won the throw in and was fouled. Big Seamie picked up the ball and drove it goal ward where under the challenge of Sean the high ball sailed past the Donagh keeper into the net. Another long ball was won well in front by corner forward Brendan Sherlock and his off load to Niall Beggan saw the latter kick it over the bar from 20 yards to turn the game on it’s head. St Pats rallied with a point from Jason Cadden in the 33rd minute to level as play was end to end stuff. Dermie Reilly was defending well at this stage as Roslea came under further pressure. A pointed free from Seamie Quigley from the right wing in the 41st minute saw the Shamrocks edge in front once again and they should have added to their tally as they were now in the ascendancy but good chances went a begging . A hallmark score from Seamie again, all of 50 metres out and on the sideline saw the lead increased to two in the 46th minute. Three minutes later Eamon Maguire carved his way through a hesitant Roslea defence to find himself one on one with Gazza who was forced to foul to avoid the goal. He pointed his free to take it back to one between them. The big unit had gone back to full forward at this stage and his flick down was expertly read by Shane Lynch who pointed with seven minutes left to play. Eamon Maguire responded within two minutes with another fine point from play. Route one football was now being employed by both teams and Seamie fielded brilliantly on the 13 metre line before turning and despatching the ball over the black spot for his fifth point of the day, which left Roslea two in front with four minutes left on the clock. The Shamrocks were to be the architects of their own downfall however as they continued to over-elaborate when coming out of defence and when an attempted cross field pass was intercepted, Eamon Maguire ran through to notch up another goal to regain the lead for St. Pats in the 28th minute. Roslea heads could have dropped at this stage but they didn’t and when the ball was finally worked up the pitch in to the right corner Niall Cosgrove was brought down in the final minute. Not an easy free and pressure on with the last kick of the game but Seamie was equal to it and slotted over for the equalising score. A case of what might have been on one hand and relieved to get a draw on the other!.  Final Score: St. Patricks 4 – 6 Roslea 2 -12. Roslea Scorers:- Seamus Quigley 2-6, Sean Quigley 0-4, Niall Beggan 0-1, Shane Lynch 0-1. Team:- Sean Boyle, Dermie Reilly, Niall Cassidy, Conor Quigley, Diarmuid McAleer, James McMahon, Niall Beggan, Sean Quigley, Danny Mohan, Shane McMahon, Shane Lynch, James Boyle, Brendan Sherlock, Seamus Quigley, Peter Lynch.

Subs used:- Niall Cosgrove, Marty Renfrew, Ryan McCormick

Devenish St Mary’s v Roslea Shamrocks - 1st May 2015

Win on the shores of Lough Melvin

Roslea made the long journey to the shores of Lough Melvin on Friday evening and returned home with two valuable league points in the bag following their one point victory over the home side. Devenish started the brighter of the teams although their opening salvos resulted in two wides within two minutes from the boot of Jason Love and John O’Flanagan. Roslea opened the scoring on 4 minutes when Sean Quigley sent over a free from forty yards after he himself was fouled. In Devenish’s next attack the danger seemed to be averted only for a Roslea defender to drop the ball coming out of defence and the grateful John O’Flanagan picked it up and stuck it between the posts for the home sides first score. A minute later J.J. O’Brien added to their tally with a sweet point after a fine run in along the end line. The Shamrocks missed the opportunity to level up proceedings as a Sean Quigley free tailed wide after 12 minutes. Roslea were having to defend stoutly and good work by Marty Beagan and Dermie Reilly kept the blues at bay. A long ball in was won out in front of his marker by Seamie Quigley and he turned onto his right foot and angled his shot over the bar to level matters in the 14 minute. James McMahon was first to a couple of breaking balls and after one of his passes found Conor Quigley the latter made a strong surge through the middle of the Devenish defence before being hauled to the ground. Seamie converted the resultant free as the game entered the 18th minute. Four minutes later in a carbon copy move Conor again broke forward in another raid – same result, pulled down, Seamie steps up and pops over the free. These two points came after Devenish in a six minute period had kicked four wides including a ’45 by Thomas Treacy. Shane Lynch was dropping deep and Niall Beggan was providing good support up the left wing to break forward. John O’Flanagan again turned provider for Devenish when his 27th minute free left one between the teams. In the final minute of the half, Devenish’s Ruairi Maguire struck a blistering shot from 30 yards and Roslea keeper, Sean Boyle did extremely well to tip the rising shot over his crossbar. Half Time score Devenish 0-4 Roslea 0-4 Early second half pressure from the home team was thwarted by fine defending by Peter Lynch, James McMahon and Marty Beagan before Jason Love kicked a fine long range point in the 34th minute from the right wing to put his side ahead for the first time. Good work in midfield by county player Marty O’Brien had Devenish in the ascendancy now but wides from Love and O’Flanagan within a minute did little to help their cause. During the next Devenish attack Sean Quigley fielded well in the Roslea rearguard before being fouled. He kicked long and when the ball broke Brendan Sherlock won the dirty ball in the three quarter line before being fouled. Seamie tapped over the free in the 37rd minute. Play was end to end now as both defences got on top. It was five minutes before the next score; a close in free by Seamie Quigley after a free was brought on for Devenish indiscipline . Roslea put themselves in the driving seat a minute later when a long punt in by Sean Quigley saw Shane Lynch jump with county keeper Thomas Treacy which resulted in him misjudging the flight of the ball and it sailed to the back of the net. Devenish 0-4 Roslea 1-6.

The home side fought back however and another John O’Flanagan point, this time from play, reduced the deficit. Roslea lost Danny Mohan and Marty Beagan to injury at this stage and they were replaced by Shane and Niall McMahon. James Boyle was linking defence to attack for the Shamrocks and working hard on the breaking ball. On 48 minutes big Seamie fielded brilliantly above Barry Mulrone on the edge of the ‘D’ turned on the spot and struck the ball right footed over the bar to stretch his team’s lead. Devenish scorer in chief O’Flanagan was on hand again to score two frees in the next three minutes as Referee Cullen from a Roslea perspective, appeared harsh on the visitors. Seamie Quigley collected another ball within a minute and from way out on the right wing struck an absolutely superb point with the outside of his right boot to keep Roslea on track. Three points in it with 8 minutes left - things were looking good for the men in green. Indeed they had a couple of chances to increase their lead within the next few minutes but indecision and poor shot selection resulted in these opportunities being wasted.

Roslea did however go four up in the 55th minute when another long drive in from Sean Quigley, who by this stage had run himself to a standstill at midfield, deceived all defenders and bounced over the bar. Devenish weren’t finished yet however, and who else but John O’Flanagan won another ball on the edge of the square before rounding his man to strike for goal. Once again Gazza in the Roslea goals was equal to it and saved brilliantly only for the ball to rebound upwards where the in running full forward was first to react and punch to the net with three minutes remaining on the clock. The home side through everything at the Shamrocks defence, as they went in search of an equalizer. Dermie Reilly stood firm to pick up several breaks and clear the danger. Roslea certainly weren’t getting the rub of the green from the man in black as he seemed determined to do his bit to level the match. A punched clearance by Sean Boyle clearly stuck a Devenish forward in the last minute to go out for a wide. The bould Niall had other ideas and awarded a ’45. Justice was done however as keeper Treacy’s strike sailed wide of the right hand post. The long whistle sounded on the kick out and Roslea had won out on a scoreline of 1-9 to 1-8. Another excellent victory for a team that are still somewhat under strength but are still getting through as result of hard work and a ‘never say die’ attitude. Roslea Team: Sean Boyle, Dermie Reilly, Diarmuid McAleer, Marty Beagan, Niall Beggan, James McMahon, Conor Quigley. Sean Quigley, Danny Mohan, James Boyle, Shane Lybch, Brendan Sherlock, Ruairi McGuinness, Seamie Quigley, Peter Lynch. Sibs used: Shane McMahon, Niall McMahon Next up is St. Patricks in Donagh on Sunday. Seamroga Abu

Senior Match Report 24/4/2015


It certainly was ‘the late late show from Roslea at a rain swept Shamrock Park on Friday night as they struck with two late scores to secure both points in their Senior League game with Derrygonnelly. Both teams were understrength with the absence of their county players and others but whilst the quality of play may have been lacking at times they certainly was no lack of endeavor.

Paul Ward kicked off the scoring for the visitors with a 4th minute point before Ruairi McGuinness opened the Shamrocks account two minutes later with a sweet point following a sideline kick from Seamus Quigley. Quigley himself nudged Roslea in front with a free in the 7th minute before missing the opportunity to increase the lead from a ’45, a minute later. Derrygonnelly were pressing however and it took a smart save by Sean Boyle from a Paul Ward shot to deny the visitors. A point from McGullion, together with another free from Ward, who was becoming increasingly influential at this stage, put them in front by the 14th minute. A Seamus Quigley pointed free, with some help from the post, following a foul on Ruairi McGuinness left things all square three minutes later. The visitors responded with another point this time from the boot of their full forward to regain the lead by the 21st minute.  Derrygonnelly had gained the upper hand by this stage but due to some erratic shooting and a missed free failed to punish the home team. Roslea’s rearguard had to work hard as a unit to limit the damage and they did this manfully with Peter Lynch and Dermie Reilly particularly to the fore.  Another Ward score, this time from play, restored the Harps lead before Big Quigley kicked a fine point from play in a sporadic breakaway attack for Roslea. Derrygonnelly finished the stronger however and two late points from their two midfielders saw them entering the dressing room at half time with a two point cushion. Roslea 0-4 Derrygonnelly 0-6.

Roslea drew first blood in the second half with a Quigley free in the first minute after a foul on Peter Lynch before he dropped another free short into the keepers hands a minute later. A couple of other chances went a begging for the Shamrocks with more ball now getting to their forwards as Danny Mohan stepped up his game in midfield.

Derrygonnelly stuck for another two points in the 37th and 39th minutes. Things looked bleak for Roslea at this stage with three points in it but not to be outdone they secured possession through midfielder Diarmuid McAleer who drove a long ball into the square. Big Unit flicked it down to the in running Brendy Sherlock who crashed it to the net. Sides level game on!

The Shamrocks crept back into the lead following another converted free from Seamus Quigley in the 44th minute. Paul Ward then hit a purple patch for the Harps as Roslea struggled to cope with his constant running, scoring four points from play in an eight minute spell to put Derrygonnelly well on top. Time was running out for the home side but they stuck to their task. The introduction of a few subs in the form of Ryan McCormick, Peter Sherry, Michael Jordan and Shane Mohan added fresh legs to the fray. Shane Lynch was covering acres of ground as he pushed and probed to get the home attack on the ball.  Sub Mc Cormick gathered with four minutes left on the clock and launched another long ball in. Big Seamie rose the highest despite being surrounded by three Harps men to fist the ball to the back of the net to tie up the game to the delight of the home supporters. Indeed, a draw would have done these same supporters at this stage with the final whistle looming but the Shamrock players had other ideas. It was stalemate in the mid field area for the next few minutes as both sides strove to secure the vital possession that might lead to a winning score. Eventually it was Ryan again who got his hands on the ball before dispatching it in to Seamie Quigley on the edge of the square. Half back Niall Beggan saw his chance, gave the full forward the option to off load as he ran past him, took possession and drove over the winning point in the first minute of overtime. Roslea 2-07 Derrygonnelly 0-12

A first win for the new management team and a vital home win for the Shamrocks whose character shone through as they never gave up despite chasing the game for long periods.

Roslea team :- Sean Boyle, Dermie Reilly, Niall McMahon, Conor Quigley, Brendan Sherlock, Marty Beagan, Niall Beggan, Danny Mohan, Diarmuid McAleer, Shane McMahon, Shane Lynch, James Boyle, Ruari McGuinness, Seamus Quigley, Peter Lynch.

Subs used Ryan McCormick, Peter Sherry, Michael Jordan and Shane Mohan

Senior Team 14/04/2015


The senior team travelled to Belleek on Sunday afternoon and began the defence of their league title with an eight point victory based on a solid team performance. Sean Quigley was very impressive at midfield and was ably assisted by Danny Mohan. Seamus Quigley was restricted to one point from play but provided the final assist in all three goals, two from the industrious Shane Lynch and the third a rebound off the post finished by James Boyle. Diarmuid McAleer marked his outfield senior debut with a fine point from half back while Niall Beggan on the other wing was solid throughout. The next game for our seniors is a starred game away to Tempo on Sunday afternoon.

Senior Team Report 2014

Senior Team Report 2014

2013 Winng SquadRoslea Shamrocks entered 2014 as junior and senior champions from 2013. The preliminary round of the senior championship pitched us against second division Lisnaskea in Brewster Park. This was always going to be a tricky assignment. After an evenly contested first half we took control after the break with Shane Lynch bagging the only goal of the game as we ran out 1-11 to 0-09 winners.

The quarter final was a repeat of last year’s final against Belcoo but this turned out to be a one sided affair as Seamie Quigley landed nine points in the 0-13 to 0-04 victory to send us comfortably through to the semi-finals.

For 40 minutes of the semi-final Ederney held their own against us but a Sean Quigley goal then gave us breathing space and we finished strongly to book our place in the final on a score line of 2-11 to 0-06.

The final was a repeat of the 2011 final v Teemore and it is fair to say that we didn’t play to the top of our game but we ended up victorious on a score line of 3-04 to 1-05 to claim our 4th Fermanagh Senior Football Championship title in 5 years.

We then entered the Ulster Club competition again for the fourth time in 5 years. We entered in quietly confident mood and it is fair to say that we had prepared in possibly the best fashion ever for an Ulster Club game. When we came up against the Donegal Champions, St Eunans Letterkenny we had an off day and were not able to translate our excellent preparation into a performance on the day. In fairness the game was probably over at half time on the scoreboard but we came out fighting in the second half and won it, but it wasn’t enough and the damage had already been done and we exited the competition on a score line of 0-06 to 1-09.

In the senior league we played 18 games, won 11, drew 2 and lost 5 and finished 2nd with 24 points. This guaranteed us a league semi-final against St Patricks, which we played and won a week after our senior championship final win. The league final pitched us against a Derrygonnelly side hungry for victory but thankfully we came out on the right end of the result to clinch the senior double.

Contact Us

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Club Complex, Shamrock Park,
2 Monaghan Road, Roslea,
Co.Fermanagh, BT92 7 QY